Brocolli and Chicken Casserole
- 3 c No Yolks egg noodle substitute
- 2 1/2 c ground chicken breast, skinless, cooked
- 1/2 c onions, chopped
- 3 1/4 c frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 10 3/4 ozs low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c skim milk
- 1/2 c Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsps salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Prepare a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine noodles, chicken, onions and broccoli.
- In another mixing bowl, combine soup, milk, cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir in noodle mixture. Pour entire mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake, covered for 40 minutes.
6 servings. 266 Calories, 4g Fat, 30g Protein, 21g Carbohydrate, 64mg Cholesterol, 880mg Sodium
Mexican Turkey Meatballs with Creamy Salsa
- 1 Pound ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder & black peper
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin or 1 tsp. fresh cilantro
- 4 Ounces tortilla chips, finely crushed
- vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 Cup non-fat sour cream
- 1/2 Cup salsa
- In medium bowl, combine turkey, egg, garlic, onion, bread crumbs, chili powder and cumin. Shape into approximately 36, 3/4-inch balls.
- Place crushed chips on plate. Roll each meatball in chips, coating thoroughly.
- Lightly coat baking pan (10 x 15-inch) with vegetable cooking spray and arrange meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Use as dip for meatballs.