Warming socks are fantastic for increasing circulation throughout the body. So, when feeling the effects of a cold or flu, try this treatment. For many, it lowers fevers and can break up congestion in the nose and sinuses. This can also be used on chronic conditions...
If you’d like a copy of our latest newsletter, please send us your e-mail address!
- Keep up on drinking your water, half of your body weight in ounces of water per day. So, that means, if you weigh 100 pounds, then you should be drinking 50 ounces of water. Yes, you can drink that much. Caffeinated beverages don’t count. Don’t drink distilled water, it can leach out minerals from your bones!
- There is lots of research that shows under wire bras can block lymph glands in chest. This may lead to breast cancer. So, go bra-less whenever you can, or at least wear sports bra or non-wired undergarments. There is even a link to antiperspirants causing breast cancer, thus, think about a more natural way to block odors. Look for natural deodorants at your local health food store. October is national breast cancer awareness month. Are you due for a mammogram? Over 50, then you need a colonoscopy also. Preventing disease is the easiest and most effective way of treating them!
- Unless told otherwise, drink lots of green tea! Super great for boosting your immune system, vital for the flu season. Also helps regulate cholesterol levels, blood pressure and blood sugar. There is also lots of wonderful research that green tea components can prevent and fight cancer. Wow! There is a great article for you to read under the ‘articles and handouts’ section of this website (upper right corner).
- Toss your artificial sweeteners into the trash and do it now! These chemicals break down into ghastly bi-products that can effect your brain function, nervous system and a whole host of other complications you don’t want. Try stevia, derived from a root & available in liquid or powder, for when you need something sweet. Stevia actually helps rebuild the pancreas, so it’s great for those with Diabetes. Xylitol is also another great choice; research shows this decreases bacteria in the mouth, which can help prevent ear infections in kids. These products are available at your favorite health food store or on-line.
- Sweetness Conversion Chart
- Check out Dr. Hayduk’s magazine articles
More tips coming….